Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Alisha Embraces Her Newly Natural Hair!

(A Healthy Happy Hair testimonial)

Meet Alisha!



Alisha is a  local Real Estate Agent, who I've had the pleasure of meeting through community service work.  We would often speak on hair, because I at the time,  was transitioning to natural hair. Alisha  has tried being natural  a couple times and has never quite known how to maintain it.  So after awhile,  Alisha decided to give it another shot, and chopped her relaxer off.  Needless to say, I was ecstatic that she actually went through with it!  However, the months to follow would not prove to be a easy for Miss Alisha, but  with a little help she's finally settling in.  Here is what she had to say:


"When I came to Chan I was busted & disgusted! I was  so frustrated because I didn’t know how to take care of my hair in its natural state.  I made the plunge (for the third time) to cut all my relaxed hair off and embrace ME; and then did what many of us do—hide under wigs because I didn’t know what to do with it. 

Alisha pictured w/ex Dallas Cowboy Coach

And, then  Healthy Happy Hair to the rescue….
 I called and made an appointment with Chan, and it was at that appointment where she EDUCATED me on proper hair care.  Chan advised me on everything from how to read product labels to the proper order in which to use them.  She taught me how to wash/co-wash, deep condition, and style my hair using quality products and sound techniques. I left there with a better understanding of my hair and how to maintain it!


Wash -N- GO



Puff Close-up

Puff



So, as I begin on my third (and final) journey of natural hair care, I will always be grateful to Chan for helping me learn to love & appreciate my kinks & curls!!  I now know, that GOOD HAIR = HEALTHY HAIR!!

No comments: