Saturday, August 18, 2012


It's a Henna  Party! 
H3 Volunteer (Felisha) assisting with Henna Application
This weekend I had the pleasure of speaking to a group of  Healthy Hair seekers regarding the Benefits of using Henna, Cassia,  and Amla  powder in their hair care regimens!  I just love doing these "informational" parties!  3 Sisters Beauty Supply located near my home town does a great job of staying connected to their customers and their healthy hair journeys.  When the owners asked if I would come and speak to their customers about the benefits of using Henna. You know I jumped at the chance!   

Me with 3 Sister's Beauty Supply Store owner

For a Friday Night  we had a pretty good turn out, the women had many questions about the benefits of using henna, Cassia, Amla, and Indigo..  Many of them just wanted stronger healthier hair..

Our lovely group of women

There I am!
Others had questions about how they could successfully cover their grays using Henna, Amla and or Indigo! Everyone's situation was unique. And I welcomed their various questions.  Those who currently has hair that's been previously colored with chemicals wanted to know if it was safe to use henna over it. And if you've been following me you know the answer to this one.  Absolutely. Yes!  If it's Body Arty Quality Henna(and not a compound Henna) It is safe! 
H3 Volunteer Erica!

She's enjoying her beauty treatment! 


Henna is a messy job, but it is also therapeutic and fun! We did approx 13 Henna & Amla treatments for those who wanted to take a chance right then and their, the other women were content with the wealth of information for future use.   It's always good to do your research, harvest your hair and do test runs if you can.  Seek the advice of others who are experienced with using Henna before jumping in.  You can also schedule your own Henna party with me if your are local, or with friends who are very informed if you are distant.  I've been using these treatments for years and they make me and my hair happy!  : )


Me and My team! I love these ladies!



Well that's a Rap!! Until Next time.. Keep it Healthy and Happy!!! 






4 comments:

TheNEW007 said...

That's pretty cool! I wish there was an event like that near me. I love Cassia. I've got a nice sized bag that I've been too lazy to use. But you're right, the application is kind of therapeutic! Great post

Accountable to God said...

Thanks for reading TheNEW007! I Love Cassia as well! And I actually remember you doing a video on youtube using cassia when you were transitioning : ) You could throw your own Henna party!

EarthlyReality said...

That look like a fun meet up to learn and educate yourself more on how to care for your hair the natural way.

Accountable to God said...

Yes EarthlyReality it was a lot of fun! We thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks so much for stopping by!